Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Horizon Global Pty Ltd trading as Cequent (“Cequent”) provides the following warranty in relation to the ROLA product (“Product”):
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by the Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
For safety and use instructions, please refer to any General or Specific Fitting Instructions and Use & Care Instructions enclosed with the Product or on our website at http://www.rola.com.au.
Cequent warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the duration of the applicable warranty period set out below:
|Domestic Roof Racks, Cycling Accessories, Snow
Accessories, Water Accessories, Luggage Racks
|Trade / Commercial Roof Racks||5 year*|
|TITAN Tray & Rails||5 year*|
|Multi-Fit Accessories||5 year*|
|Luggage Boxes & Bags||Limited 3 year warranty*|
|Specific bike racks||Limited 1 year warranty*|
* The applicable warranty period commences on the date of sale by the authorised ROLA stockist to the original purchaser. The Replacement Warranty applies only while the Product is owned by the original purchaser or the recipient of a new Product (in the case of acquisition as a gift or promotion). The Replacement Warranty does not apply to Products that were purchased second hand, whether purchased installed on a vehicle or purchased separately.
If a defect appears in the Product before the end of the warranty period and Cequent finds the Product to be defective in materials or workmanship, Cequent will, in its sole discretion:
- Repair the Product or the defective component of the Product free of charge;
- Replace the Product or the defective component of the Product with an identical product or a product comparable in quality and value; or
- Refund the purchase price of the Product to the original purchaser.
Cequent reserves the right to change the design, specifications or composition of the Carrying System without notice and without liability.
- If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the purchaser must first contact Cequent or an authorised ROLA stockist to fill in a warranty claim form.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by proof of purchase (such as a receipt) and details of the alleged defect. Evidence of the alleged defect (such a photos or video) may be requested.
- The Product must be returned to Cequent for inspection of the alleged defect prior to any warranty claim being accepted. Details of how to return the Product will be provided at the time of the claim. The cost of delivery of the Product to and from Cequent or the authorised ROLA stockist for the purpose of inspection is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- The warranty form will then be reviewed by Cequent.
- This warranty is limited to defects in the materials or workmanship of the Product and does not cover accessories and expendable parts.
NOTE: This warranty does not cover the repair or replacement of the Product due to normal wear and tear, degradation or consumption.
The Replacement Warranty will not apply where:
- The Product has been on-sold or assigned by the original purchaser (& is therefore second hand);
- The Product has been modified or repaired by someone other than Cequent or an authorised ROLA stockist;
- Cequent cannot establish any fault in the Product after testing;
- The Product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- The Product has been subject to abnormal conditions, including temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to the unlawful or unusual operation of the vehicle to which it is fitted;
- The purchaser has failed to properly secure its cargo, as recommended in the Care for your Racks documentation available at time of purchase and on the website;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to the purchaser’s failure to properly assemble, install, fit, maintain or use the Product in accordance with the specifications and instructions provided by Cequent as recommended in the Use & Care documentation available at time of purchase and on the ROLA website;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to excessive or unusual wind loading caused by incorrect loading or inappropriate cargo;
- The defect in the Product has arisen due to the overloading of the Product beyond its specified or recommended capacities.
Wind noise and aesthetics disagreements do not constitute a product defect.
We will accept goods for return:
- if you have received the wrong goods;
- if you have received goods with missing parts or components;
- if you have received damaged goods; or 5. if the goods are faulty.
If the returned goods have a “major failure” as defined in the Australian Consumer Law, for example:
- the goods materially depart from any description given;
- the goods materially depart from any sample shown;
- the goods are substantially unfit for any purpose for which they are normally supplied for or which was made known by you; or
- the goods are not of acceptable quality because they are unsafe;
then we will remedy the situation in the manner chosen by you, either by refunding your money, replacing the goods or returning the faulty goods to you and compensating you for the reduction in value below the purchase price.
In the event that a return is the result of an error of our company or website – we will, at our option, issue a full credit or return label for pickup of the parts to be returned to our facility, or repair or replace the goods.
Goods Returned Procedure
It is essential that you comply with the following returns procedure:
- You must ring or email our customer service office on 1800 812 017 from Monday– Friday 8:30am- 5pm or firstname.lastname@example.org to first obtain a Return Authorisation Number and instructions on which freight carrier to use.
- The goods can then be packaged for return to 49 Pacific Drive, Keysborough Vic 3173 and must have the Return Authorisation Number written on the outside of the package/s. (The Return Authorisation Number is used to reconcile the package that you are sending to us with your claim). You must also state your and reason for the return on the packing slip, if any. If you do not have your packing slip, please indicate the order number or the e-mail address and name of person who placed the order, along with the reason for your return on a separate piece of paper.
- Please ensure our freight instructions are followed.
- Where we are replacing the goods, replacement goods will be invoiced to your account and the returned goods credited upon receipt.
- Failure to provide a Return Authorisation Number as requested will delay processing of your claim.
- Unless the goods are returned on the basis that they are faulty or damaged, goods must be in new condition, including the original box, packaging, all manuals and accessories. The value of missing Page 4 of 4 items and/or damaged items where the damage occurred after delivery will be deducted from any credit or refund amount of a return.
- Unless the goods are returned on the basis that they are faulty, goods that show clear evidence of use will not be accepted for refund.
- Where we are providing a refund, you can expect a refund within 14 business days of our receipt of the goods in question. Refunds will be in the same form previously accepted for payment.
Cequent makes no warranties or representations other than set out here. This Replacement Warranty is subject to and the exclusions apply to the extent permitted by State and Federal legislation.
The repair or replacement of the Carrying System, or part of it, or a refund of the purchase price of the Product is the absolute limit of Cequent’s liability.
Cequent will not be liable to the purchaser or any other person for any consequential, incidental, direct or indirect loss, damage or costs incurred or suffered by the purchaser or any other person, including but not limited to damage to persons or property, damage to a third party or user’s vehicle or property, loss of turnover, loss of profits, loss of business or goodwill.
Cequent is not otherwise liable for or in connection with the assembly, manufacture, design, supply or use of the Product, or the description, quality, condition, performance, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the Product.
CEQUENT, a division of Horizon Global Pty Ltd
PO Box 4050, Dandenong South, VIC 3164
Tel: 1800 812 017
Fax: (03) 8726 0131